Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I think I'll go to Boston

So, I am finally sitting down to write in this thing after many not-so-subtle nudges from friends. You know who you are :). I've been in the metro Boston area for almost three weeks now. I love it! Everything is so close, yet so far away because of traffic. I tried to find a target a few weeks back and it took me almost an hour to drive the 10 miles. It was a Saturday afternoon and apparently everyone else had the same idea I did about an afternoon of shopping. Other than the traffic and the craziness of the roads, I read a quote somewhere that if you take a piece of paper, crumple it up, throw it on the ground and stomp on it, that's pretty much the way the Boston grid is outlined. If it weren't for my trusty GPS whom I named Constance (since she is constantly telling me what to do) I would still be driving around downtown Boston.

I did make my way to Faneuil Hall the first weekend I was here. I almost walked the Freedom Trail but it started to get colder and windier and the trail averaged an hour and a half. I'll save that for later. I do have to comment on how walker-friendly most of the area is up here. It's probably because the roads are so bad!!! I never imagined I would be saying this but in some areas, there are worse than the roads in Louisiana. Anyone was to start taking bets on how much work I'll have to have done on my car after this adventure ends?

Quincy Market - houses a lot of restaurants and knick-knack stores.



Another view of Faneuil Hall, a great place to sit and people or bird watch!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! First post! Can't wait to hear about more of your adventures!

    Oh and I love the name you chose for your GPS!

    ReplyDelete