Today we celebrated Flag Day in Quincy by holding a parade. And guess who got to march in it in her park service uniform??? Moi. It was great fun, though. My co-workers and I had a great time laughing and being silly and waving to all the people lined up to watch the parade pass by. The highlight of my night was being recognized as Abigail Adams. The reason they recognized me is because I give tours to third graders dressed as Abigail Adams. It melted my heart that those kids recognized me even though I wasn't wearing the colonial attire. I will be on a high for days now. I was destined for this job. And now that the school year is almost finished, I won't be able to dress up and be silly until the fall. Guess I'll have to adjust to just being Ranger Kate.
Pictures to be posted at a later date...
No comments:
Post a Comment